Okay the truth is we ALL dream of our beautiful wedding day coming to life and looking as dreamy and picture perfect as all of the covers and articles filling our favorite bridal planning magazines! There is no kidding us. We know how you have collected them faithfully and they are somewhat organized in small stacks surrounding and covering your living room floor! Believe us we are the same way! (Including the colorful tabs & folded down corners.) Well today you are in luck! Vivian shares a sneak peek into what it’s like inside one of our Real Weddings galleries and how they were picked to be on the cover of the spring/summer 2015 Wedding Essentials magazine. Her tips throughout the gallery will help set up your photos to feel and look more like those in the magazines. Hope this can help shed some light on the magazine cover mystery and inspire you even more!
Vivian’s 5 Quick Magazine Cover Tips
- Location, location, location!!– Don’t be afraid to look at your location in different ways. See how you can utilize the space for other purposes throughout your wedding day.
- Switch up your looks– Simple changes can make a huge difference! It can be a head piece or a hair style change, maybe it’s a layer taken off or your dress being bustled, or your shoes! These little things can make a huge difference in the style of your day and having a stylist help you is a major plus!
- It’s all in the details– Details are the small things that really help tie your whole wedding day together. Make sure that they all flow together and work in a magical way! Taking time to utilize floral designers, event planners, set up teams, cake designers, and stylists can be a big help! Don’t forget to bring in your own personal touches through jewelry, special objects, and more.
- Unique touches– Giving a unique touch to your wedding day can add just the right spark to the sparkle. Mixing it up through little things like milk shakes can really personalize the day even more.
- Think outside the box– Don’t be afraid to! It can be in big ways or as simple as your something blue being your sister’s hair. It’s okay to mix it up! This is your moment, your memories, your wedding! Embrace it!
Ultimately taking the time and putting in that extra effort towards all the little details will lead to your wedding being exactly how you pictured it to be. Don’t forget to just be yourself! Smile, laugh, and be silly! If it’s you, show it in all you do!